Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for photo voltaic PV irrigation venture

The government of Sudan has launched tender looking for consultants to assist within the implementation of an irrigation challenge in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The venture includes set up of 1,a hundred and seventy solar irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will provide engineering and supervision companies, design of photo voltaic water pumping methods, based on the requirements of each farm.
The firms may also provide assistance to the irrigation project implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works related to the set up and commissioning of the solar pumps. The companies will also support the project implementation unit via technical and financial supervision to make certain that all works are carried out in accordance with the contract specs. The consultants may even participate within the development actions and within the implementation of the project’s environmental and social management plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping techniques
Erratic rainfall
The photo voltaic pumps will be installed in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is usually experienced due to the arid local weather and local weather change, with a adverse impact on agricultural yields, in accordance with the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new tools might be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food security, the venture goals to reduce farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human health and the setting. Interested firms have until September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation venture is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). เกจ์วัดแรงดันลม remaining 25% will be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment signifies that the set up of the photo voltaic pumps will be accomplished by December 31st, 2025.
Share

Leave a Comment